If you or someone close to you is struggling with depression, don’t wait to get help. Facilities like Water Gap Wellness Center offer Tri-State outpatient treatment for depression, customized to your situation.
What are the Signs of Depression?
Many people misunderstand depression, equating it with being sad. Acute depression brought about by something distressing in life is normal. Everyone experiences it at some point because of moving, divorce, a breakup, an accident, losing a loved one, or any other upsetting event.
But clinical depression, the kind that remains with you at all times, is a mental health disorder requiring outpatient depression treatment.
The signs that you need outpatient treatment for depression are many. Usually, you have a handful of the symptoms below, and you struggle with them regularly. These can include:
- Difficulty focusing, remembering details, or making decisions
- Feeling worthless, hopeless, or guilty
- Being fatigued for no reason
- Eating too much or too little
- Feeling restless
- Having trouble sleeping, usually either sleeping too much or not enough
- No longer being interested in things you once enjoyed, including hobbies, social engagement, or sex
- Having aches or pains that are unexplainable and won’t go away
- Suicidal thoughts
Facilities like Water Gap Wellness Center can help you find the proper outpatient depression treatment if you are struggling.
What Does a Depression Treatment Program Entail?
A depression treatment program is designed to help you in many ways:
- Effective outpatient treatment for depression centers around therapy, like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This teaches you to change how your mind thinks and to have better control over your thoughts and actions.
- Outpatient therapy for depression might extend to motivational enhancement therapy or acceptance and commitment therapy, which can provide healthy coping strategies and life skills you can use to combat symptoms of depression.
- Some Tri-State rehab facilities specialize in neurofeedback, programs that use targeted evidence-based practices to reset your brain so that it functions at optimal levels unhindered by the damage brought about by mental health disorders.
- In severe cases, doctors and therapists can work with you to find an acceptable medication to use in conjunction with your behavioral therapy.
Individual therapy is often combined with group therapy too. Your treatment program might entail attending a treatment facility for individual psychotherapy, CTB, and group therapy.
Where individual psychotherapy is used to help you identify triggers, uncover factors that may have contributed to your depression, and utilize coping skills, group therapy reminds you that you are not alone, gives you access to a supportive network of people just like you, and provides a chance for you to learn from real-life experiences.
Is There Outpatient Treatment for Depression?
Yes! You can find outpatient treatment for depression. With outpatient treatment, the most significant difference is that you get to control your living arrangements. You can sleep at home, maintain your regular work or school schedule, and attend meetings at an outpatient facility on a schedule that works for you.
Tackling mental health problems does not have to happen alone, nor should it. Everyone deserves to live a healthy, happy life. That is why Water Gap Wellness Center designs our outpatient treatment for depression to optimize your flexibility and schedule while still getting you the individual and group therapy you need.
How to Find Outpatient Depression Treatment near New Jersey
If you think you need outpatient treatment for depression near New Jersey, the first step is to visit your doctor. While there is no single test for depression, many Tri-State outpatient treatment facilities require a professional diagnosis.
There are many places you can turn for access to an accurate diagnosis if you don’t want to go through your primary care physician. However, most insurance policies today will cover part or all of your outpatient treatment for depression so long as you get an initial diagnosis through their team.
After that, you can use public resources or contact Water Gap Wellness Center to learn more about the types of outpatient programs available, what the schedule looks like, how to apply insurance to the cost, and what to expect. Different facilities specialize in a variety of evidence-based therapies. Some offer dual diagnosis outpatient treatment where you can not only tackle depression but symptoms of addiction at the same time.
Water Gap Wellness Center targets your mental health through programs like neurofeedback, medication management, group therapy, and more.
Let Water Gap Wellness Center help you find an outpatient depression treatment plan today.