Depression is a disorder characterized by a long-standing depressed mood causing a significant impairment in everyday life.
- Lack of interest/pleasure in various activities
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Inappropriate shame and/or guilt
- Suicidal ideation/intent/attempts (not a requirement)
Depression (major depressive disorder or clinical depression) is a common but serious mood disorder. It causes severe symptoms that affect how you feel, think, and handle daily activities, such as sleeping, eating, or working. To be diagnosed with depression, the symptoms must be present for at least two weeks.
- Eating less
- Disordered sleep patterns (waking frequently or sleeping very little)
- Reduction in extra-curricular activities.
- If you recognize these characteristics and behaviors in yourself or in a loved one, there is help. At Water Gap Wellness, we treat depression and other mental health diagnoses. Our trained medical and clinical staff will help you manage the diagnosis while giving you hope for a productive and healthy future. Get started today 1-833-949-4673. Our friendly admissions counselors are standing by to help.