- Altered senses (for example, seeing brighter colors)
- Altered sense of time
- Changes in mood
- Impaired body movement
- Difficulty with thinking and problem-solving
- Impaired memory
- Hallucinations (when taken in high doses)
- Delusions (when taken in high doses)
- Psychosis (risk is highest with regular use of high potency marijuana)
Physical effects of marijuana use include respiratory irritation, hunger, weight gain, increase risk of heart attack, and dry mouth.
Long term effects of marijuana use are believed to include impairment in brain development.