Addiction and Mental Health Disorders can affect anyone – it’s time we end the Stigma!
Together, we can encourage acceptance and understanding. Together, we can advocate for a better world. Together, we can turn StigmaFree Me into StigmaFree We (https://www.nami.org/Get-Involved/Pledge-to-Be-StigmaFree/StigmaFree-Me/StigmaFree-Pledge).
An estimated 26.25% of all US adults have a mental illness.
- Addiction and mental health disorders know no boundaries.
- People with Addiction and Mental Health disorders come from all walks of life.
- They are your friends, your family, your co-workers – the people you love.
- They have the right to walk the Appalachian Trail.
- They have the right to be your neighbor.
- They have the right to exercise outdoors.
- They have the right to recover with dignity, and
- They have the right to be treated without prejudice.
Make a commitment to end the Stigma
- Educate yourself and others
- Understand mental illness is a disease like diabetes, heart disease or cancer
- Show compassion for those with mental illness
- Celebrate and share success stories
Water Gap Wellness provides treatment to people who have Mental Health and Addiction disorders. We are committed to ending the stigma. Won’t you join us?