Thanks to the Pocono Record for running this great ad in today’s paper!
MAKE A PLAN
As traditional Super Bowl Sunday approaches with its parties, hoop-la, and good food and drink all-around, it’s a good idea to check in with yourself so you don’t get in a position to relapse. Making a plan to maintain your sobriety is a must. Here are a few tips to help keep you safe and sober during Super Bowl Sunday.
5 TIPS TO STAY SOBER DURING SUPER BOWL SUNDAY
- Purchase and bring cold non-alcoholic beer with you to the party (A few fan favorites are Becks, Heineken and Bitberger)!
- Always keep a (non-alcoholic) drink in your hand and keep it full!
- Bring a friend with you to act as your “bodyguard,” helping to keep you on track
- Keep your keys in your pocket in case you feel the urge to drink – you can leave right away!
- Host your own non-alcoholic party! Invite others who are in recovery!
Making a plan and sticking with it can mean the difference between relapse and sobriety. Make the plan!
Water Gap Wellness is a Substance Use and Mental Health treatment center located in Delaware Water Gap and East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania. Our program has an on-site psychiatrist daily, offers 2 one-on-one sessions weekly with trained and experienced counselors, group sessions daily and outdoor adventure therapy held on the Appalachian Trail. If you or a loved one need help with managing a Substance Use Disorder or Mental Health Diagnosis, please call. Our friendly counselors are standing by to listen and help. 1-833-949-4673 or email email@example.com.